Welcome World
So it's been almost exactly a year since last I actually remembered to post here (though I did write a couple of times they just never quite made it to the blog...) and unfortunately my aims haven't changed all that much. I've still go quite a bit of weight to shift (35lbs :S) I still cook enough to feed a small army and have yet to master this whole being an adult thing. BUT I have started exercising, its almost become a regular thing, having discovered the joys of Salsa. A couple of hours a week of being twirled around a dance floor really helps work up a swear and the weight did start coming off!
Then Christmas happened. No dancing and far too much food means that everything I managed to lose came back with interest. So now we start again. This time the plan is to stick to it (isn't that always the plan?) Tonight I am getting back on the dance floor for my first class since Christmas and this week the workouts begin in earnest. I had a bit of a rude awakening over the weekend when I accidentally stood on the scales in my boyfriends flat (they live in front of the bathroom sink) and realised that not only has all the weight id lost come back but that it was exactly a month until I was due to leave on a holiday to Spain with Latin, Ballroom and Salsa Society (LBSS) and the idea of getting into a bikini with a group of girls with enviably flat stomachs and far better will power than I have was horrifying.
So, starting yesterday (22nd feb) I have started working out in earnest to see how much of a difference I can make in a month. This blog is where I am going to try and keep track of my progress. I will take pictures, post measurements, try out new workouts and all that fun stuff over the next few weeks and post them here and hopefully actually manage to stay accountable. I took all my measurements yesterday and recorded them in my super snazzy new health and fitness tracker which I downloaded and have ordered myself a couple of adorable stamps to mark off workouts as I do them.
My plan is to try a new workout/exercise/sport/dance party every week and post a reviewlet of them on here and try and find something new that I love, that way it stops feeling like a chore. This week kettlebells.
Until next time
Ellie xXx
No comments:
Post a Comment